Social Media – Terms & Conditions
Greenall’s Gin Social Media Giveaway: Terms & Conditions
- The giveaway is being organised by Quintessential Brands UK Group Limited (the Organiser) and is being run internally by the Organiser.
- The giveaway will take place from Tuesday 13th August 2019 until 23:59 Sunday25th August 2019.
- By entering the Giveaway, the participant expressly accepts these terms and conditions.
- Participants can enter the Giveaway by posting a photo on their Instagram story of a Greenall’s Blueberry Gin advert that are being promoted across London, Manchester and Birmingham, participants must also tag @GreenallsGin in the Instagram story.
- The Organiser is making the Giveaway available to everyone over the age of 18. Internet access and an Instagram account is required to participate.
- Participation is free of charge.
- One participant only will win the Prize (as defined below). The winner is the person selected at random to win the Prize (“the Winner”).
Who can enter?
- Any person who is over the age of 18, able to supply proof of ID upon request and is resident in the United Kingdom.
- Employees of the Organiser and its affiliated companies and freelance contractors and agents and their immediate family members and other persons who are professionally connected with the Organiser or this giveaway are not eligible to enter.
- Participants may enter the Giveaway more than once.
- The close of entries is 23:59 Sunday25th August 2019.
How do I enter?
- To enter, each participant must post a photo on their Instagram story of a Greenall’s Gin Blueberry advert that are shown as part of the brand’s advertising across London, Manchester and Birmingham, participants must also tag @GreenallsGin in the Instagram story.
- If people are present in the image, they must be over 18.
- The Organiser reserves the right to exclude submissions from the Giveaway and to delete them if they do not fulfil the task or if they contain insults, inaccuracies, infringe competition, trademark or copyright law, violence, threats, self-harm, bullying, harassment, hate speech, explicit content, nudity, the intellectual property of third parties or content that poses a risk to safety. In such cases, the Prize may also be disallowed in retrospect.
- The participant indemnifies the Organiser from all claims arising in connection with such non-permitted entries.
- Messages will be checked for possible obscenity or other objectionable content, e.g. discriminatory, content. The Organiser reserves the right at their sole discretion not to publish or to remove any content. If this happens, the participant may be notified and will be barred from entering the Giveaway.
- Participation via competition services and automated competition procedures (or similar) is not permitted. The Organiser reserves the right to remove or exclude participants from the Giveaway without stating reasons. Participants who try to disrupt the Giveaway or give themselves an unfair advantage by using prohibited tools shall also be excluded from taking part.
- The Organiser accepts no liability for entries submitted via social media platforms which are not visible or searchable due to user’s social media privacy settings.
- The Prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Prize without notification in the instance that the Winner should resell or attempt to resell the Prize.
- The prize is a year’s supply of Greenall’s Blueberry Gin, which equates to 6 x bottle of Greenall’s Blueberry Gin, intended to be shared with others over legal drinking age.
- The prize will be received in instalments, with 1 bottle delivered every other month over the course of 1 year.
- The Winner must be over 18 in order to redeem the Prize.
- The Organiser reserves the right to remove or exclude submissions if they do not reflect responsible drinking and advertising codes related to the Prize.
- If the Prize (or part of the prize if applicable) is no longer available for reasons beyond the Organiser’s control, the Organiser reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of the same or similar value at its own discretion.
How will the Winner be selected and notified?
Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries received. The draw will take place on 29th July 2019.
- All decisions of the Organiser, in respect of this Giveaway will be final and binding.
- Winner will be notified on Wednesday 28th August If the Winner cannot be contacted using the Instagram handle provided, or if he/she fails to confirm his/her acceptance of the prize within 24 hours of being notified, the Prize will be forfeited.
- The Organiser is required to publish or make available information that indicates that a valid Prize award took place. To comply with this obligation the Organiser will publish the Instagram handle of the Winner on Instagram on Wednesday 28th August 2019(Announcement Date).
- If you object to any or all of your Facebook handle, being published or made available, please contact the Organiser at [email protected] In such circumstances, the Organiser must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- The Organiser accepts no liability if the Winner’s notification is lost when electronically sent and/or does not reach the Winner for reasons beyond its control.
How will I receive my prize?
- The Winner will be requested by the Organiser to confirm their email address by Instagram direct message, then will be requested to send their full postal home address via email.
- The Winner of the Prize will then receive their prize via delivery to home address, every other month over the course of the year.
- The Organiser accepts no responsibility if the Prize cannot be collected for any reason.
Changes to the terms and conditions
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time if there are good reasons for doing so. The Organiser will make every effort to ensure that any changes do not affect participation in the Giveaway. If any individual provisions should be or become invalid, the validity of the remaining terms and conditions of use shall not be affected.
- The Organiser hereby makes it known that the availability and functioning of the Giveaway cannot be guaranteed. If the Giveaway has to be ended or removed due to external circumstances or constraints, e.g. technical problems, rule changes or decisions by platforms such as Instagram, participants shall not be entitled to make any claims against the Organiser. If any individual provisions of these terms and conditions are or become ineffective, the effectiveness of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. The Organiser shall not accept any contractual, non-contractual or other liability as far as this is legally admissible, particularly any liability connected in any way with the prize.
- The Organiser will not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, death or injury suffered by any entrant entering the Giveaway or as a result of accepting the Prize.
- The Organiser will only use the personal details supplied by the Winner for the administration of the Giveaway and the associated Prize and for no other purpose.
- The Organiser does not endorse nor encourage excessive consumption of alcohol and by entering the giveaway entrants confirm they will abide by responsible drinking guidelines as advised by Drinkaware. As such, entrants will also take full responsibility for ensuring they travel safely to and from the Event.
- This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with
- This Giveaway shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to their exclusive jurisdiction.
- The Winner will be drawn at random.
Contacting the Organiser
- If participants have any questions, comments or complaints about this giveaway, they can contact the Organiser via [email protected]
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Any use by you of the website operated by Quintessential Brands Company Limted (“Greenall’s”) at www.greenallsgin.com (the “Site”) is conditional upon your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, including our Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions from time to time without notice and at our discretion. It is your responsibility periodically to review this page for updates to these Terms & Conditions, which shall come into effect once posted. Your continued use of the Site will be deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, including our Privacy Statement. If you do not accept these terms & conditions please leave the site now. This Site is made available by Quintessential Brands and its subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies and any of their related businesses are referred to in these Terms & Conditions as “we”, “us” or “our”.
All rights in all material and content (including, but not limited to, text, images, web pages, sound, software (including, code, interface and website structure) and video, and the look and feel, design and compilation thereof) at this Site are owned by us or our licensors. You agree that you are permitted to use this material and/or content only as set out in these Terms & Conditions or as otherwise expressly authorised in writing by us or our licensors, and that you may not otherwise copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly perform, distribute, commercially exploit, adapt, translate, modify, bundle, merge, share or make available to any person, or create derivative works of such material or content.
We are the owner and/or authorised user of all trademarks, service marks, design marks, patents, copyrights, database rights and all other intellectual property appearing on or contained within the Site, unless otherwise indicated. Except as provided in these Terms & Conditions, use of the Site does not grant you any right, title, interest or license to any such intellectual property you may access on the Site. You may view the Site and you are welcome to: print hard copies of material, distribute material on it via the ‘email’, ‘link’, ‘download’ and ‘embed’ functionality on the site, but solely for your lawful, personal, non-commercial use. Except as provided in these Terms & Conditions, any other use or reproduction of the intellectual property is prohibited.
You may view this Site and you are welcome to print hard copies or distribute, through the tools provided ’email’, ‘link’, ‘download’ and ’embed’, material on it solely for your lawful, personal, non-commercial use. All other copying, whether in electronic, hard copy or other format, is prohibited and may breach intellectual property laws and other laws world-wide. Furthermore, you are not entitled to reproduce, transmit, publicly perform, distribute, adapt, translate, modify, bundle, merge, share or make available to any person, or create derivative works of such material, or use it for commercial purposes, without our prior written consent. All other rights are reserved.
ACCEPTABLE USAGE POLICY
This Site may contain discussion groups, bulletin boards, chat rooms and other interactive services. We do not actively monitor use of our discussion groups, bulletin boards or chat rooms. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any third party sites, electronic mail transmission, text message, news group, bulletin board, chat room or other material created or accessible over or through the Site. As a result, you may be exposed to content on the Site or on sites accessible over or through the Site that you find offensive or objectionable. However, we do reserve the right to monitor our discussion groups, bulletin boards, chat rooms and other interactive portions of the Site and to remove any content which, in our sole discretion, constitutes a misuse of these interactive services and may restrict, suspend or terminate your use of these services or the Site where we believe that there has been such a misuse.
- The following examples constitute a misuse of the interactive services:
using the services for any improper, unlawful or immoral purpose, causing any nuisance by your use of the services or causing the operation of the services to be jeopardised or impaired;
- using the services to create, host or transmit (whether in a live chat room, on a bulletin board or otherwise) any defamatory, offensive, or obscene material or engaging in activities which would cause offence to others on grounds of race, religion, creed or sex;
using the services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way;
using the services to create, host or transmit any material that threatens or encourages bodily harm or the destruction of property or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability;
- using the services to create, host or transmit material which infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any other party;
- using the services to create, host or transmit unsolicited advertising material to other users in instances where you feel that the transmission of such material would be unwelcome to the user in question;
- using the services to create, host or transmit unsolicited advertising material to other users;
- using the services to create, host or transmit any material that harasses another; using the services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items or services;
adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead;
- using the services to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, our or a third party’s security measures, computer software, hardware, electronic communication system, or telecommunications systems;
- using the services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent or to engage in screen scraping, database scraping or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining lists of users or other data;
- using the services for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use the services or the internet generally;
- reselling, repurposing or redistributing any services provided by us our contractors or our licensees without our prior written consent; or impersonating any person or entity or using a false name that you are not authorised to use.
This list only serves to provide examples and is not meant to be an exclusive list of the type of misuses of the interactive services that may result in the restriction, suspension or termination of your access to the Site. Due to the global nature of the internet, users hereby agree to comply with all local rules regarding on-line conduct and acceptable content. Users also agree to comply with any applicable rules regarding the export of any data from any country.
The opinions expressed in live chat rooms and/or posted on bulletin boards or on other interactive services are not necessarily ours. Any statements, advice and opinions made by such participants are those of such participants only. We neither endorse nor shall be held responsible for any such statements, advice or opinions.
This site is provided “as is,” and your use thereof is at your own risk. We, our officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns, disclaim, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all express and implied warranties, including, without limitation, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. We do not warrant that the site will be free from viruses. Although we take reasonable steps to secure the site, you acknowledge that the internet is not a completely secure medium and we make no warranties, express or implied, that any information or materials you post on or transmit through the site will be safe from unauthorized access or use. If you are dissatisfied with the site, your sole remedy is to discontinue using the site.
THIRD PARTY GOODS AND SERVICES
We do not vouch for those persons, companies and other organisations whose goods or services may be accessed or displayed through or on the site.
Republic of Ireland consumers, please note that the exclusion of rights under Section 39 of the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 is subject to the provisions of Section 40 of that act.
You should always verify the information set out in this Site with independent authorities before acting or relying on it. It is your responsibility to use virus checking software on any material downloaded from this Site and to ensure the compatibility of such software with your equipment.
In circumstances where you provide us with information relating to any third parties, you warrant that you have received that third party’s consent in relation to such disclosure and that the third party has been informed of, and agrees to, our Privacy Statement and the uses which we may make of such information.
To the fullest extent permitted by law we, our officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns, hereby disclaim all liability for any loss, cost or damage (direct, indirect, consequential ,or otherwise) suffered by you as a result of your use of the site or from any computer virus transmitted through the site, or other sites accessed from this site, whether such loss, cost or damage arises from our negligence or otherwise and even if we are expressly informed of the possibility of such loss or damage. In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages, costs, losses and causes of action in the aggregate (whether in contract, tort, including but not limited to negligence, or otherwise) arising from the terms and conditions, including our privacy statement, or use of the site exceed, in the aggregate, $100.00 (US).
MATERIALS SUBMITTED BY YOU
Unless specifically requested, we do not solicit nor do we wish to receive any confidential, secret or proprietary information or other material from you through the Site, any of its services, by email, or in any other way. Any information or material submitted by you, and which has not been specifically requested by us, will be deemed not to be confidential, secret or proprietary. You agree that any information or materials submitted by you to this Site, whether ideas, creative concepts or other materials, may be used, reproduced and disclosed by us without restriction for whatever purpose we deem fit and without payment of any sum or acknowledgement of you as their source. You also warrant that any “moral rights” in posted materials have been irrevocably waived by the appropriate authors. WE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF USE OR DISCLOSURE OF SUCH MATERIALS BY US TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. This paragraph does not affect any rights you may have under data privacy laws that protect your personal information or similar privacy laws, to the extent that such rights cannot be excluded.
In the course of your use of the Site, you may be asked to provide personal information to us (such information referred to hereinafter as “User Information”). Our information collection and use policies with respect to such User Information are set forth in the Site Privacy Statement, which Privacy Statement is incorporated into these Terms & Conditions by reference. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of the User Information.
LINKS FROM AND TO THE SITE
You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the information provided by Web sites to which you may link from this Site (“Linked Sites”). Links to Linked Sites do not constitute an endorsement by or association with us of such sites or the content, products, advertising or other materials presented on such sites. We have no control over these Linked Sites and do not edit or monitor them. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such Linked Sites.
You will indemnify us against any loss, damage or cost incurred by us arising out of your use of the Site, any of its services or any information accessible over or through the Site, including information obtained from linked sites, your submission or transmission of information or material on or through the Site or your violation of these Terms & Conditions or any other laws, regulations and rules. You will also indemnify against any claims that information or material which you have submitted to us is in violation of any law or in breach of any third party rights (including, but not limited to, claims in respect of defamation, invasion of privacy, breach of confidence, infringement of copyright or infringement of any other intellectual property right). We reserve the right to exclusively defend and control any claims arising from the above and any such indemnification matters and that you will fully cooperate with us in any such defences.
RESTRICTION, SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Site and/or your ability to avail of any of the services on the Site, including interactive services, if we believe that you have breached these Terms & Conditions at any time. Any such restriction, suspension or termination will be without prejudice to any rights which we may have against you in respect of your breach of these Terms & Conditions. We may also remove the Site as a whole or any sections or features of the Site at any time. Please note that we have the ability to trace your IP address and if necessary contact your ISP in the event of a suspected breach of these Terms & Conditions.
These Terms & Conditions, including our Privacy Statement, constitutes the entire agreement between you and us in relation to its subject matter and supersedes any and all prior promises, representations, agreements, statements and understandings whatsoever between us. To the extent that software is available through the Site, such software may be subject to a license agreement that is distributed or included with such software and you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of any such license agreements. The failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms & Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms & Conditions shall remain in full force and effect. These Terms & Conditions, including the Privacy Statement and any matter relating to this Site, shall be governed by English law.
To the extent that software is accessible through this site, such software may be subject to export, re-export and/or import controls imposed by the United States or any other jurisdiction and may not be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported: (a) into (or to a national or resident of ) any country to which the U.S. has placed an embargo or which is subject to relevant export restrictions; (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s Specially Designated Nationals list, or (c) in violation of the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Denial Orders.
© 1761-2016 Quintessential Brands Company/Greenall’s Gin
Quintessential Brands Group SA registered in Luxembourg with the company number B116094. Registered Office: 121, Avenue de la Faïencerie L – 1511 LUXEMBOURG
Quintessential Brands Company Limited is a company registered in England with the company number 08963676. Registered Office: Clayton Road, Birchwood, Warrington. WA3 6PH. All rights reserved.